GUE Technical Diver 2
GUE’s Technical Diver 2 course is designed to enhance deep diving proficiency while using helium breathing gasses and oxygen-enriched decompression gasses. Other course outcomes include: the use of multiple stages; the use of Trimix with greater percentages of helium; gas management; oxygen management; extended decompression; accelerated, omitted and general decompression strategies; dive planning; and management of multiple cylinders.
Applicants for a Tech 2 course must:
- Submit a completed registration form, a medical history, and a liability release to GUE Headquarters.
- Be physically and mentally fit.
- Hold insurance that will cover diving emergencies such as hyperbaric treatment, e.g. DAN Master-level insurance or equivalent.
- Be a nonsmoker.
- Obtain a physician’s prior written authorization for the use of prescription drugs, except for birth control, or for any prior medical condition that may pose a risk while diving.
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Be a certified GUE Tech 1 level diver.
- Must have a minimum of 25 dives beyond Technical Diver Level 1 certification; at least fifty dives on double tanks and at least 25 should utilize a decompression cylinder.
- GUE double tank configuration
- Primary and backup lights
- Two decompression cylinders
- One bottom gas cylinder
- Small argon regulator and bottle where appropriate
- One primary reel per team